[mythtvnz] xmltv

James Booth james at booths.net.nz
Sun Sep 6 21:21:15 BST 2009

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 21:03:28 Simon Green wrote:
> There are also two other possible benefits depending on the source you use:
>
>    1. Consistency of title names, so that (for example) House , 'House MD'
>    and 'Mouse M.D.' all appear the same, which is helpful for series linking.
>    2. Retrieval of IMDB or other Internet based information.
>
>   -- simon
>
> 2009/9/4 mythtv <mythtv at jagds.com>
>
> >  Superior because you have 7 days ahead of guide data, instead of 24 hours
> > worth.

OK, I've given xlmtv a go and can get it working fine with either DVB-S *or* DVB-T, but trying to get a single guide from xmltv working with both sources is proving a bit problematic. I have created two sources, both using tv_grab_nz-py, but one assigned to my DVB-S card and one assigned to the DVB-T card. I have scanned for channels on the respective sources and downloaded xmltv data, but I get double listings in the guide, problems tuning to some channels, and when I press the channel up/down button during LIveTV it always starts at channel 1 even if I am tuned to, say, channel 10. I'm sure I'm just missing some subtlety in the setup - any advice greatly appreciated. Something I am not clear on is how to handle having both the scanned channels and the xlmtv channles listed against each source - do I keep both and hide one set from the listings, or do I set their callsigns and channel numbers the same and list them both, or what? Thanks in advance.