[mythtvnz] Myth Trunk and sound....

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Sep 5 03:13:45 BST 2009

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 10:17:13 +1200, you wrote:

>I have decided to move to trunk as gone into feature freeze and see how
>it goes.  I have SVN 21666, and compiled with --enable-libfaad to get
>the LATM going.  I have two issues
>
>1) TV3 volume is around half volume of TV1,2,3

That is caused by MythTV preferring the AC-3 audio over the AAC as it
has more tracks.  For some reason, AC-3 audio is usually at a much
lower level than AAC.  You can select the AAC track manually using the
M(enu) command from your keyboard or remote.  However, I then have
audio sync problems with the AAC track, and have to manually adjust
that by 120 ms.  AAC tracks on TV1 and TV2 do not have the audio sync
problem.

Of course, you can just turn up the volume on the AC-3 track, but you
have to remember to turn it down again or you risk blasting the
neighbours when you play something else.