[mythtvnz] HVR-3000 mythtv Linux 2.6.29+ kernel help?

Julius Spencer jspencer at juliusspencer.co.nz
Wed Sep 2 01:26:53 BST 2009

Hi,

(Apologies for double post, if you have been in geekzone forums)

I have a new tuner card (HVR-3000) which is an upgrade from the simple
HVR-150. I'm planning on installing using DVB-S input for Freeview
(from sky dish) as well as the Sky into the analog input.

The card appears to be recognised as it shows up correctly in mythtv-
setup and dmesg looks happy too. I upgraded my kernel specifically, as
it is supposed to support this chipset.

I can't seem to get any signal from the analogue input. In fact when I
scanned the DVB-S input I didn't have much luck either. I tried
kaffeine and using either scandvb or dvbscan or something from the cli
too.

Has anyone got this working without patches in Linux?

Cheers,
Julius.