[mythtvnz] Mux 3 signal - Wellington

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:17:51 BST 2009

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 22:58, David Middleton wrote:
> > Making sure that the card was tuning the correct transmitter (Mt Kaukau)
> >  fixed all my problems.  I now get 50% plus signal with 0 BE and very
> > good stable pictures on rabbit ear antenna.   I have line of sight path
> > to both Kaukau and Baxters Knob.
>
> Tony - thanks for the suggestion.  Was the fix simply a matter of moving
> the antenna?  Or is there something I can do in the myth setup to force
> the correct transmitter?  I have a fixed UHF aerial in the garage, that
> was in the house when we bought it.  I don't think it has moved.
>
> David

Here are the relevant bits from my SQL tables:

SELECT `mplexid`, `frequency` FROM `dtv_multiplex`
mplexid 	frequency
   1 	        690000000
   2 	        706000000
   3 	        714000000
   4 	        762000000
   5 	        730000000
   6 	        778000000

SELECT `name`, `mplexid` FROM `channel`
name 			mplexid
TV ONE 			1
TV2 			1
TVNZ 6 			1
TVNZ 7 			1
TV3 PLUS1 		2
TV3 			2
C4 			2
Maori Television 	6
Prime 			6

For Mt KAukau you need to make sure that your card tunes the signals at
690000000	706000000	778000000

Hope this helps.

Tony