[mythtvnz] avenard's 0.22 not working with vdpau anymore?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Sep 1 12:26:56 BST 2009

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 01:18:27 +0200, you wrote:

> [...]

I seem to have a similar problem.  I am trying to play *.ts files
recorded on another PC using Samba shares.  With 0.21+patches, Watch
Video could play these happily once I had set up the TV playback
options to use VDPAU.  That lead me to believe that the TV playback
options were what controlled the internal player, both for playing
recorded TV and for playing videos.  Since I updated to 0.22 trunk, I
can only play low bit rate files.  The 1080i and 720p files max out
one CPU core and stutter, so clearly VDPAU is not being used.  I have
checked my TV playback options and they are all still as for 0.21 -
just one profile set to use VDPAU for everything.