[mythtvnz] Mux 3 signal - Wellington

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:57:40 BST 2009

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 20:57, David Middleton wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I used to be able to get good signals (typically 48 - 51%) on all
> freeview terrestrial channels.  However, recently I have had a much
> lower signal (~ 35%, high BE, often no LAM lock) on all channels on
> Multiplex 3 (i.e. Maori, Prime etc.).  Coincidentally, this changed
> seemed to occur on the weekend before Prime was introduced.  I noticed
> it (but did not realise it was a long term problem) before I started
> scanning for Prime etc.
>
> Now, a channel scan usually finds the channels, and I get the EIT data,
> but cannot view any of these channels.  Channels on mux 1 and 2 are all
> good signals and good pictures as before.
>
> Can anyone suggest why this might have occured, and how I might
> diagnose/fix the problem?  I am in Wellington, northern suburbs if this
> helps...

I experiencd something similar.  I am in Papakowhai (Porirua Basin) and found
that my card had locked onto the repeater transmitter at Baxters Knob  ...
there is not a great deal of angular difference between KauKau and Baxters
Knob at my location.

Making sure that the card was tuning the correct transmitter (Mt Kaukau)
 fixed all my problems.  I now get 50% plus signal with 0 BE and very good
 stable pictures on rabbit ear antenna.   I have line of sight path to both
 Kaukau and Baxters Knob.

Regards

Tony Sauri