[mythtvnz] The Paradigm Shift

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 08:09:52 GMT 2009

Hi

2009/10/27 Brett Miller <blmiller at slingshot.co.nz>:
> Sorry but how can you be so sure then ?

I use it ... a lot.

It works for me very well..

> I admit I can not use due to sound breakup, pause & record may work.

When was the last time you tried?

It has worked flawlessly for me even in 0.21

0.22 is even better ; can now change channels across tuners and cards
... (which you could with 0.21 with some additional patches)

> It just does not work, it screws up the current position & you can not
> navigate into parts of the recorded file.
> This has had displayed the same behaviour for all my experience of MythTV.
> Please try it inside of first half hour of the news.

never experienced that

> I think the problems are not major, I would imagine the problems are really
> simple.

Great that it's simple..

Where are your patches ?

> It would take me 100-1000 times longer to debug/submit patch  than say
> someone like JYA.
> It would be pointless to try, the result would be redundant.

Thanks for the compliment, but it isn't even deserved...
I'm probably the least experienced of all MythTV developers.