[mythtvnz] DVB multicasting

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 04:12:53 GMT 2009

Not wanting to steer the conversation in any particular direction (I
think its starting to get interesting).  But it isn't predominantly for
live TV that I'm trying to do this seemingly crazy setup.  I'm trying to
make better use of the tuner hardware that I have so that multiple PCs
with multiple OSes can all use the same hardware.  Then my Mythbackend
can continue to function recording any channel and streaming content to
any frontends and I can use GVPBR/mediaportal/WMC/VLC or anything else
that handle IPTV as well without any impact on anything else.

I believe Freeview (DVB-S) is all on the one multiplex so you should
only need 1 tuner and for DVB-T you should only need 3 (for Hamilton
anyway).  So in the end it only adds the extra functionality to Myth.

Update: My playlist file didn't work in vlc, I had to ad '@'s in each ip
address then it worked in vlc.  Didn't make any difference in Myth.
Playback doesn't work for Mplayer or Totem either but Mplayer wanted to
put http:// in front of the URl when entered manually.