[mythtvnz] PVR150 overscan?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Oct 22 06:33:22 BST 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:05:36 +1300, you wrote:

>I've ended up with a sky UHF box for a couple of weeks so I thought
>I'd hook it up to a pvr150 I had lying around
>
>It works fine but there is a visible gray static line on the right hand side.
>
>I guess this is cut off by overscan on a normal TV.
>
>Anybody know of a way to trim the recording as it comes in?
>
>btw yes I know pressing W will change the fill screen I want to fix
>the actual recording :)
>
>Cheers

The PVR-150 has hardware MPEG-2 encoding, so there is no way to do
editing like that unless the card itself supports it, and I have seen
no sign that it does on my PVR-500s (dual PVR-150s).

I would not waste time on a Sky UHF box.  Their UHF transmitters are
all being shut down - the one at Wharite goes on 31-Oct-09.