[mythtvnz] Debating the ionitx - single or dual core?

Douglas Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Wed Oct 14 03:26:21 BST 2009

I have different solution that has zero noise and never overheats!

I use baluns over cat-5e to send the video and audio from my noisy mythtv box in one room to my TV in another and a wireless infrared sender to send remote control signals back.

It works a treat and costs a LOT less than a ION box.

When / if I buy a big flat screen TV, I will upgrade to HDMI over 2 x cat-5e connections

Cheers

Douglas.