[mythtvnz] Debating the ionitx - single or dual core?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 14 00:32:22 BST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hadley Rich" <hads at nice.net.nz>
To: "MythTV in NZ" <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Debating the ionitx - single or dual core?

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 12:05 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> So the real question is, does the dual core really need a fan?

Although you can run it without a fan (I have been for some time now
with one board) it does get very hot. I don't have any temperature
numbers and I haven't been doing GPU accelerated video yet - I suspect
it may be a little too hot if you do.

hads

Perhaps other relevant questions here are:

Can additional heatsinks be bolted on?

Can larger quieter fans be utilised?

What sort of fan control is available on the board?  (Temperature sensitive or full on?)