[mythtvnz] DVB-T splitter/amplifier recommendations

Jonathan Hoskin jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 05:28:03 BST 2009

I went to Dick Smith (probably not the cheapest) and bought a passive steel
body 3-way splitter and some plain screw-on F connectors to go with it. All
my wiring is already RG6.
I was tempted to buy an amplifier, but found that just getting wiring sorted
picked me up another 5-10% signal strength as measured in "Watch TV".
Your TV may not care if the signal is a bit weaker, in my experience your
tuner card will probably be more sensitive to signal strength/quality loss.