[mythtvnz] Mythbuntu 9.10 startup extremely rapid now

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Oct 9 02:29:42 BST 2009

I have been rebooting a lot recently, switching between
0.21+fixes+JYA, 0.22 JYA trunk and Mythbuntu 9.10 beta, so the startup
times of the different versions have been very noticeable   The new
startup code in Ubuntu 9.10 is very impressive.  Just 39 seconds from
hitting Enter on the Grub menu to Mythfrontend ready to use.  And the
shutdown, which was still a little slow a few days ago when I first
installed 9.10, is now down to just 14 seconds from hitting go on the
Mythfrontend "Exit and reboot" menu to when I hear the BIOS start to
reboot (fans to full speed).  It should be great on my laptop when I
try it - Vista there is taking many minutes to start up.