No subject

Thu Nov 26 20:43:27 GMT 2009

Signal strength issues are related to an on-board amplifier
As rebooted earlier the card does not like being warm rebooted.  You
must shut down the computer completely and then restart.
Lots of headaches with content and location of config files to get the
remote control to work, but it is possible.  Also issues in getting
the remote recognised after each boot, due to different addresses.

On 14 January 2011 07:36, Jonathan Hoskin <jonathan.hoskin at gmail.com> wrote=
:
>> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Pshem Kowalczyk <pshem.k at gmail.com> wro=
te:
>>> Hi,

>>> I bought that card (with a single connector) last year. After about 3
>>> moths of fighting with poor reception (albeit only on the TVNZ
>>> multiplex) I returned the card as faulty and got it replaced with the
>>> 'dual connector' one. That one didn't perform any better, and
>>> ultimately I got the HVR-2200 that worked beautifully from the first
>>> kick. I still use the Nova, but just for recording from the non-TVNZ
>>> multiplexes.
>>> In my opinion the card is simply not that great and there are others
>>> out there that perform much better.
>>
>> That seems to be a common conclusion when discussing this card (either v=
ersion)

> Agreed. I have since sold my 2x cards, but they worked fine as long as I =
had tons of signal strength. They are no good if you have a weak signal or =
bad infrastructure.

> I now have an EyeTV Diversity, and it works fine on bunny ears inside my =
house, which is something the Nova couldn't do.