No subject

Thu Nov 26 20:43:27 GMT 2009

Power On By Mouse
Allows the system to be turned on by a PS/2 mouse wake-up event.
Note: To use this function, you need an ATX power supply providing at least 1A on the 5VSB lead.
Disabled Disables this function. (Default)
Double Click Double click on left button on the PS/2 mouse to turn on the system.                              <<< Works well
Power On By Keyboard
Allows the system to be turned on by a PS/2 keyboard wake-up event.
Note: you need an ATX power supply providing at least 1A on the 5VSB lead.
Disabled Disables this function. (Default)
Password Set a password with 1~5 characters to turn on the system.
Keyboard 98 Press POWER button on the Windows 98 keyboard to turn on the system.
KB Power ON Password
Set the password when Power On by Keyboard is set to Password. Press <Enter> on this item
and set a password with up to 5 characters and then press <Enter> to accept. To turn on the
system, enter the password and press <Enter>.
Note: To cancel the password, press <Enter> on this item. When prompted for the password, press
<Enter> again without entering the password to clear the password settings.

Also:

PME Event Wake Up
Allows the system to be awakened from an ACPI sleep state by a wake-up signal from a PCI or
PCIe device. Note: To use this function, you need an ATX power supply providing at least 1A on
the 5VSB lead. (Default: Enabled)

Power On by Ring
Allows the system to be awakened from an ACPI sleep state by a wake-up signal from a modem
that supports wake-up function. (Default: Enabled)

Power On by Ring is an interesting option, maybe a VOIP call to a modem would wake the PC however for me would probably need 1)
analogue modem, 2) VOIP interconnect device to connect Modem to LAN. 3) Phone call to the relevant extension.  Might be seen as
excessive way to turn on a PC.  Hmmm.  I wonder if asterisk will receive a extension number and turn it into a WOL command?  A quick
google did not turn up anything like this.

> also, are the multimedia keys useful?

The Mute and Volume keys work by default in myth and also VLC.  The other multimedia keys did nothing that I can tell with a brief
run around.  While I suppose they could be hooked in somehow the keyboard keys all seemed to work so the only missing functionality
I can see is the Power. (the USB Keyboard / trackball issue above seems a non issue)