[mythtvnz] http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/remote/index.html

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 25 19:54:50 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Brodbeck" <gull at gull.us>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Cell Phones - Remote Control or Display Device preferred - please vote!

Tortise wrote:
> I've been thinking about a webpage (maybe AJAX) that's linked to the
> telnet controls, that could be called from any browser on any
> device....  I've not yet looked into interfacing a webpage into telnet
> but expect it can somehow be done?  Perhaps someone here can comment?

> http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/remote/index.html

> Probably not exactly what you have in mind, but it might be a good
starting point.  It uses PHP CGI scripts along with a bit of JavaScript.

Can anyone comment (Steve?) on the status of this wrt 0.21 or 0.22?

Does anyone use it now?

Perhaps the IE issues are now overcome via IE updates?

I note that the telnet interface is limited to one connection at a time, however it may be that this overcomes that by routing all
browser commands thru that one telnet interface?