[mythtvnz] Problems adding JYA's repos with 9.10

Guy Gibson ggibson at orcon.net.nz
Sun Nov 22 07:24:59 GMT 2009

Ok I know from JYA's site that there is a process to adding his repos
under karmic.  I just can't seam to get it to work....

Fresh install of mythbuntu 9.10 on a AMD X2 with a Nvidia GTS250

I select Open source as the video driver.

Then add JYA's repo before doing anything else

do an apt-get update and then apt get the nvidia-185 drivers etc as
per JYA's instructions

Yet nvidia-185-libvdpau is already loaded and so when I go to add
Libvdpau1 is get the can't overwrite error etc etc.

Thoughts, telling me I'm a idiot and forgot such and such......?

Guy