[mythtvnz] New XMLTV processor - xmltv-proc-nz

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Sat Nov 21 21:48:07 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 17:52 +1300, Hadley Rich wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've just knocked up a little processor script called xmltv-proc-nz;
>
> http://www.nice.net.nz/xmltv-proc-nz

I've created a new listings file called all.xml.gz which is a
combination of listings-sky.xml.gz and freeview.xml.gz (which itself is
processed from the freeview website).

I'm using all.xml.gz myself now and have switched from the sky.co.nz
XMLTVIDs to the freeviewnz.tv ones.

I will likely move to symbolic linking listings-all.xml.gz to all.xml.gz
in the near future as long as it works well for the next little while.

I've uploaded a new version of xmltv-proc-nz with a few new features;

* Temporarily cache TMDB lookups to be nicer to their servers.
* Check and notify for updates to the script itself.
* Don't add duplicate tags.
* Replace description text for movies matched at TMDB.
* Fix an error with the star-rating tags added.
* Order XMLTV programme tags correctly for validation.

I've also added a little script which I'm using to replace tv_cat;

http://www.nice.net.nz/xmltv-join

Reason being that tv_cat has loads of Perl dependencies I didn't have
installed and it seems to be pretty CPU intensive and slow. This script
has no dependencies (except Python) and is many times faster.

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier