[mythtvnz] still learning

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 19:25:03 GMT 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Aaron Whitehouse
<lists at whitehouse.org.nz> wrote:

> Regards,
>
> Aaron

Thanks for your encouragement Aaron.

After many months of trying to find the time I went to Bret's
yesterday. His 8.10 system had a  few errors and we thought it easier
to blitz it and move to a fresh install of 9.10. We got it sort of up
and going, but there are a few unresolved issues which at the moment
make it unusable:

Problem 1 - I2C errors on Nova-T
============================

He has a Nova-T 500 PCI card which is giving i2c errors, specifically:

mt2060 I2C write failed (len=6)
mt2060 I2C read failed

At that point live tv and recording fail and only a reboot can fix it.
It happens within a few minutes of starting to watch live tv, which as
I say makes it unusable.

Problem 2 - Only HD channels are scanned
====================================

Error was identified and fixed by Steve Ellis, who stated
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/402403 that his
fix had been included in trunk and 0.22-fixes. Steve, what version do
I need to get to have this included. I updated Bret's machine to
whatever the latest mythbuntu daily builds was but the scanner,
although claiming to find a number of candidates on channels 47,49 and
51, in the end only returns the 4 HD channels (TV1, TV2, TV3, Freeview
Test.)

Problem 3 - no epg data using tv_grab_tz-py

I think i can probably resolve that when I get time to go back. I'd
like to have some ideas about the other problems first.

Other than that the machine is up and running.