[mythtvnz] case for mini itx FE solution

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Thu Nov 19 08:59:33 GMT 2009

From: Steven Ellis
To: MythTV in NZ
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] case for mini itx FE solution

> What are you streaming at 1080i that can only be played with VLC?

Nothing special (Freeview TV3), mplayer is also said to take a HDHomerun stream (which I understand can also be taken from a PCI
tuner, I expect most of them one way or another)

VLC is just a reliable benchmark that has always worked well for me, given the CPU hurdle.  mplayer's not been so reliable for me,
however it does seem to be getting better (and vdpau is of course great for otherwise lowering the CPU requirement).

JYA's pre 0.22 packages would also play some files using the simple command format of "mythtv avfile.ts" etc, also using vdpau,
however this functionality seems to no longer work, in at least off the shelf 0.22.