[mythtvnz] New XMLTV processor - xmltv-proc-nz

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Thu Nov 19 01:58:23 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 14:42 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> I am confused aboiut how this fits in with tv_grab_nz-py (which I use)

Oh, if you were talking about xmltv-proc-nz then...

I'm using it when I create epg. It does post-processing like epgsnoop
does, but that's all it does, it works on an XMLTV file as input rather
than being built in to epgsnoop.

e.g. 'cat listings.xml | xmltv-proc-nz > better-listings.xml

You don't need to use it yourself if you are grabbing data from
epg.pvr.geek.nz as that data will be processed by xmltv-proc-nz for you
already (though currently I'm only testing it on a separate file).

hads

--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealand's Open Source Hardware Supplier