[mythtvnz] 0.22 and HVR-4000

Herbert, Francois F.Herbert at massey.ac.nz
Tue Nov 17 19:44:02 GMT 2009

Yes, I have got it working, there is an issue with the v4l kernel drivers, see this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/439163

The process I followed to get it working was (Posted by Gunni on the bug page):

1. sudo apt-get install build-essential mercurial linux-headers
2. hg clone http://hg.kewl.org/v4l-dvb-fixes/
3. cd v4l-dvb-fixes
4. make menuconfig
 -> Multimedia Support -> DVB/ATSC adapters -> disable FireDTV and FloppyDTV
This is nesecary for a build, as linux-headers is missing some files needed for this DVB card.
5. make
6. sudo make install
7. reboot

Cheers