[mythtvnz] CF card as system drive

criggie criggie at criggie.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 17 18:52:02 GMT 2009

Kristian Haga Karstensen wrote:
> You should keep in mind that cf cards get worn out faster than regular
> hard drives, and are also quite expensive..
>
> Last time I checked, a cf card (8G) was as expensive as a relatively
> cheap ssd, (the ssd was around 10 times the size)..

Its a lot closer than I remember, but not quite as bad as that.

32GB adata SSD is ~$175+GST   (cheapest model, not necessarily good)
32GB S592 SSD is around $250+
80GB Intel X25-M 2.5" SSD ~$500+
32GB Intel X25-E Extreme 2.5"SSD  ~$800ish

16GB adata "speedy"  CF card is around $90+

You can pay an awful lot more for a sandisk or other name-branded CF.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.dyndns.org/