[mythtvnz] DVB-S PCIe cards?

Wade Maxfield mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz
Tue Nov 10 22:36:25 GMT 2009

With 0.22 out, I'm thinking of setting up a new backend and when it's
working switch over to it, rather than take down the currently
indispensable system (WAF!!). It's currently Athlon64 X2 with MythDora 5
so it needs an overhaul anyway.

I've currently got 2 SkyStars and a PVR-350 all connected via PCI.

Any new machine I put together is likely to only have 2 PCI slots, so if
I can get hold of a PCIe DVB-S card, then it's only 1 card I need to
replace to have a similar system.  Keep my old drives, case, PSU, etc
and it's not too big of an upgrade.

So, what PCIe cards are people using for DVB-S at the moment?

  - Wade