[mythtvnz] micro ATX with insufficient PCI slots

Graeme Woollett g.woollett at irl.cri.nz
Mon Nov 2 20:20:42 GMT 2009

criggie wrote:
> Vance McIndoe wrote:
>
>> As a second thought - any suggestions on a new mATX motherboard that has
>> more than 2 PCI slots or just doesn't have the PCI-E(x16) slot right
>> next to the PCI slots?  Ideally the replacement motherboard would still
>> support my AM2 Athlon64 X2 and two DDR2 PC6400 SDRAM's.
>> <sigh>--Sometimes I think an ATX would have been a better option.
>>

> Vance - third thought... consider replacing the cooler with something
> smaller?
>
> Silent	http://www.quietpc.com/nz/vgamb.html#zm80xhp
>
> There are also quiet fan options too.

I had the same problem with my system, but since I can get DVB-T I
ditched my Nova T 500 and replaced it with a PCI-E HVR2200.
I doubt you will found a modern m/b without a PCI-E slot.  Some of the
m/b's around have the PCI-E and GPU slot so that the PCI-E one gets
covered by the double width graphics card, leaving 2 free PCI slots.
Good hunting.

--
Graeme Woollett