No subject

Mon May 18 13:30:33 BST 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> However overscan affects / crops all four sides off the visible image, might pay to check if it is two sides or four sides that
> are
> at issue.  I expect it will be all four.

You are correct, it is indeed all four corners.

> If you are set on using the TV an older video card might allow for overscan correction and it may be you do not need vdpau / 9500?
> (I cannot tell from what is said)

It is the only card I have with TV-Out.

I am not sure what vdpau is, (which means I probably do not need it, I
guess). I will do some studying today.

> Also what is your CRT TV model?

The TV is a JVC AV-32X4BA. I did a google search on it but didn't come
up with any specs that could tell me what the operating modes are.. I
have the instruction manual but they are not listed there that I can
see.

Here is my xorg.conf:
-------------
# nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
# nvidia-settings:  version 1.0  (buildd at palmer)  Sun Feb  1 20:21:04 UTC 2009

# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (buildmeister at builder63)  Mon Mar 23
15:33:27 PST 2009

Section "ServerLayout"
   Identifier     "Layout0"
   Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
   InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Module"
   Load           "dbe"
   Load           "extmod"
   Load           "type1"
   Load           "freetype"
   Load           "glx"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"

# Removed Option "Xinerama" "1"
   Option         "Xinerama" "0"
       # Removed Option "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier     "Mouse0"
   Driver         "mouse"
   Option         "Protocol" "auto"
   Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
   Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
   Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

       # generated from default
   Identifier     "Keyboard0"
   Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
   Identifier     "Monitor0"
   VendorName     "Unknown"
   ModelName      "TV-0"
   HorizSync       30.0 - 83.0
   VertRefresh     50.0 - 76.0
   Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
   Identifier     "Monitor1"
   VendorName     "Unknown"
   ModelName      "TV-0"
   HorizSync       30.0 - 83.0
   VertRefresh     50.0 - 76.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
   Identifier     "Device0"
   Driver         "nvidia"
   VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
   BoardName      "GeForce 9500 GT"
EndSection

Section "Device"
   Identifier     "Device1"
   Driver         "nvidia"
   VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
   BoardName      "GeForce 8800 GTS"
   BusID          "PCI:1:0:0"
   Screen          1
EndSection

Section "Screen"

       # Removed Option "metamodes" "CRT: 1024x768 +0+0, TV: 800x600 +0+0"
       # Removed Option "TwinView" "1"
       # Removed Option "metamodes" "CRT: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, TV:
nvidia-auto-select +0+128"
# Removed Option "metamodes" "CRT: nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
# Removed Option "metamodes" "800x600 +0+0"
   Identifier     "Screen0"
   Device         "Device0"
   Monitor        "Monitor0"
   DefaultDepth    24
   Option         "TwinView" "0"
   Option         "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "TV-0"
   Option         "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
   SubSection     "Display"
       Depth       24
   EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
   Identifier     "Screen1"
   Device         "Device1"
   Monitor        "Monitor1"
   DefaultDepth    24
   Option         "TwinView" "0"
   Option         "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "TV-0"
   Option         "metamodes" "TV: nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
   SubSection     "Display"
       Depth       24
   EndSubSection
EndSection
------

Stuart
How many video cards are in the PC?
I understand 1, if so correct GeForce 8800 GTS to GeForce 9500 GT.
It also seems you are using a TV and a PC (or 2nd TV?) monitor?