[mythtvnz] MythTV, nVidia drivers 185.18.14...

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun May 31 07:18:00 BST 2009

On 30/05/2009, at 4:03 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hello
>
> nVidia released drivers 185.18.14 . They list them as Release
> Candidate status and pre-release.
>
> They fixed a few issues related to VDPAU.
>
> First with Powermizer. When playing videos with VDPAU, powermizer
> wouldn't increase the speed of the GPU if required.
> With some video cards this could be a problem. I saw a 9800GT which
> would stay at 100MHz when playing a 1080p H264 files, and obviously
> this wasn't fast enough.
> Also, you don't need to disable composite in xorg.conf to prevent
> tearing anymore.

Thanks for the update. I'll try and re-run some stress tests this week.

Re-ran the H.264 samples with the video corruption issues with MythTV
and VDPA and they still have the same playback problems. Did you
create a ticket in the MythTV Trac for the problem?

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz