[mythtvnz] New Mac Mini maybe a good VDPAU frontend?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:41:57 BST 2009

Hi

2009/5/28 Wade Maxfield <mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz>:
> As far as VDPAU, from other reading 256MB seems to be more than enough,
> but again most people who are using it seem to be using cards with
> dedicated RAM, and not shared memory like the Mac Mini.

The mac mini is rather particular when it comes to video RAM.

video ram depends on how much RAM you've installed.

The default 1GB gives you 128MB of shared video RAM, this isn't enough
for VDPAU and I've seen plenty of errors on my macbook when I use 1GB
of RAM (the macbook uses almost the same components)

You need a minimum of 2GB which gives you 256MB of video RAM. With
that VDPAU works great, no problem so far.

Jean-Yves