[mythtvnz] Advice for encoding ...

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 04:31:58 BST 2009

A possible approach?
================

1. Get your cut points right by commflag plus editing to get them
100%. The cutpoints are in the database.

2. Convert the cutpoints to the format used by avidemux, in fact they
may even be the same, "frames from start of file (I think) - this I
need to check.

3. Use avidemux on the commandline to process the file, cutting out
the cutlist. avidemux is quite programmable using a javascript/ecma.

http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/index.php?title=Scripting

Well at least I know to stop trying to transcode using myth on my HD recordings.

Your ideas sound great, a winter weekends scripting for someone? I would be happy to offer time for testing. My coding experience is currently nowhere near what would be required for creating, maybe in a year or so.