[mythtvnz] MHEG fix for freeview HD

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue May 26 23:11:23 BST 2009

On 27/05/2009, at 9:47 AM, Aaron Drysdale wrote:

> >Since the addition of the PVR functionality to the MHEG-5 EPG the
> application has been causing the mythfrontend to crash. Well I
> >finally put in a bug report to David Matthews and it was a simple
> single line fix.
>
> Could you explain what MHEG-5 provides me from a users perspective?
> I tried googling it after reading your last mythtvnz post, but
> couldn’t really figure out what it does. I get the impression it is
> something to do with interactive tv, or enabling applications or
> settings to be downloaded directly to the STB. But???

MHEG-5 provides the official freeview EPG. On the PVR enabled STBs it
can also provide PVR features via the same interface.

At present only the EPG features are available under MythTV and you
need to press F12 to bring up the application.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz