[mythtvnz] Xmltv NZ configuration in Mythtv

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 10:57:06 BST 2009

________________________________

From: Aaron Drysdale <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com>
To: MythTV in NZ <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Tuesday, 26 May, 2009 12:22:05 PM
Subject: [mythtvnz] Xmltv NZ configuration in Mythtv

Hi,

Following advice from this mailing list last week, I downloaded a python script, installed XMLTV and configured my Mythtv backend to use xmltv data to populate the EPG. Once it was all installed and configured, I thought it would then download new Xml data automatically to keep 7 days of EPG, however last night when I checked I found that the guide hadn’t updated since I installed it.

I tried running mythfilldatabase manually from a terminal window, and sure enough it downloaded new data and updated the guide.

So, do I need to created a cron task to do this automatically? Or, is something in my configuration of this in the Myth backend broken? If I need setup a task to do this, should I run mythfilldatabase, or the python script itself?

Many thanks
Aaron

There is a setting in the frontend that runs Mythfilldatabase automatically - ensure that the item about allowing the schedule source to set when it will run is unchecked.

As long as your backend is always running it will get new schedule data daily (or however often you set it). There may be ways to set it to work with a backend that shuts down when not in use.