[mythtvnz] Advice for encoding ...

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 02:48:44 BST 2009

________________________________
From: Wade Maxfield <mythtvnz at hotblack.co.nz>
To: MythTV in NZ <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut.co.nz>
Sent: Monday, 25 May, 2009 1:09:26 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Advice for encoding ...

On 25/5/09 1:03 PM, Steve V wrote:

> Is it possible to use Handbrake to convert Myth recordings and honouring�the cut list?
>
> (honouring kiwi spelling - honoring for google)

No, but if you do a loseless transcode (MPEG2->MPEG2, assuming SD
recordings) first then run the result through handbrake.

  - Wade

All of my recordings are off FreeviewlHD so far I haven't been able to transcode them at all using Myth- I was hoping Handbrake would be the solution.
I can see a future post to the list asking for assistance in transcoding using Myth.