[mythtvnz] Getting a Acer Revo or Barebones NVidia ION

Sam Hadley-Jones sam at samborambo.ws
Sun May 24 22:42:30 BST 2009

It's a Zotac board. I found it this morning too. At around NZ$530 for a
base system its a fair price but you could build for about the same. The
Zotac IONITX-B-E N230 (single core) is available in Australia for AU$280
http://ijk.com.au/branch/ijk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=120891
so you're looking at NZ$380 delivered I suppose. Then you need a case with
ATX PSU and RAM.

There is also the fully optioned N330 (dual core) version
http://ijk.com.au/branch/ijk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=120892
for about NZ$520 delivered. Just add RAM and a simple case.

Of course you'll need some local storage if you're not running an LTSP
setup. For a remote, I'm pretty keen on a bluetooth dongle and the PS3
official bluetooth remote for around $80 all up. Anyone here used it? Less
lag than an IR remote?

Sam.