[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 working with Freeview HD

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Sun May 24 13:20:47 BST 2009

On 24/05/2009, at 9:26 PM, Aaron Drysdale wrote:

> TV3 is 1080i, I am watching it now and it hasn't had a single glitch
> all night.
>
> All the other channels are 576p.

There is quite a big difference in the H.264 profiles used her in NZ
for 576i/1080i and 720p

The interlaced channels are using an MBAFF/PAFF profile whilst the
720p non interlaced channels aren't.

This caused major headaches back when ffmpeg couldn't handle the
interlaced video here in NZ.

Hence I'm not that surprised to see playback differences between the
interlaced and non-interlaced channels

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz