[mythtvnz] Minimum CPU for FreeviewHD

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun May 24 11:33:05 BST 2009

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 SLB9K (E0) 3166 MHz 6 MB 1333 MT/s 9.5x 0.85 - 1.3625 V 65 W LGA775 plays TV3 HD on VLC on its own
with some spare headroom, about 70% as I recall.  Interestingly it keeps swapping cores when playing according to System Resources.
No VDPAU used here but using ...sorry...NVIDIA 8500GT.  Its produces the best HD I've run up so far, but then I am a VDPAU beginner
so that may yet be superior.
If someone can point me to a URL on how to run up a VDPAU version of mplayer that's compatible with JYA's mythbuntu I'll test TV3 HD
on an AMD single core 2400 with VDPAU!  Currently it errors saying too many video packets in the buffer.
Kind regards
David