[mythtvnz] Minimum CPU for FreeviewHD

AlanP alan.p at orcon.net.nz
Sun May 24 10:48:28 BST 2009

At 09:42 p.m. 24/05/2009, you wrote:
> > I've got HD playback working on an Athlon X2 6000+ but it isn't reliable
> > with occasional issues on TV3. The biggest problem is finding a CPU
> > where you don't end up with your fan running at full speed
>So are you running pretty close to 100% on playback with nothing else?

I wouldn't mind seeing HD in person one day. As it stands (having only seen
SD tv) I don't have any expectation as to quality, except...

The way people carry on about it, I imagine it as being something like the
old days, where people used to think 40MB realmedia files were A-OK for
transmitting 20minute anime episodes, and then 230MB DiVX files came along.

--
Alan Podjursky                  ICQ 24423014
"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson