[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 working with Freeview HD

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Sun May 24 05:56:17 BST 2009

I downloaded this file and played in mplayer using command line posted, and it played fine (apart from all the errors reported in the terminal window). Then played it in Mythtv and definately saw the blockiness as the two people are walking from the right of the screen to the left about 8 seconds into the clip. Its over very quickly because its a short clip, but its the same as I see on live tv regularly on TV1.

>VDPAU only supports h264 level up to 4.1... if using a more advanced
>level, it may not work...
If mplayer can play it fine, then I would assume it is something that can be addressed, and not because VDPAU can't handle it. Would you agree?

Aaron