[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 working with Freeview HD

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 06:31:33 BST 2009

________________________________
From: Aaron Drysdale <Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com>
To: MythTV in NZ <mythtvnz at lists.linuxnut..co.nz>
Sent: Friday, 22 May, 2009 11:10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 working with Freeview HD

> SV Writes. Is the blockiness only during panning motion and other fast motion? Is it more pronounced on some channels than it is on others. Especially compare say TVone with TV3.

Now that you mention it, yes it does appear to be more on one channel than another. I haven’t tested extensively, so I could be wrong.. However, I noticed it particularly this morning on TV1 when they were playing some football clips. TV3 on the other hand was pretty jerky until I turned off loopfilter in the playback profile and turned on deinterlacer. Now I haven’t noticed any hiccups at all.

Any thoughts on what causes that? Is it a VDPAU issue, or something else?

I reckon it has something to do with either VDPAU and 720p or the way that TVone and TV2 send their content. I had to change my playback profile so that it uses CPU decoding rather than VDPAU for 720p or less. VDPAU works great for TV3.