[mythtvnz] epgsnoop problem

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu May 21 00:07:26 BST 2009

A long time ago I reported a problem with the processing of the xml files
out of epgsnoop by the xmltv utility tv_cat as the sky and freeview
listings are merged.

The error message is...
/tmp/listings-freeview-11696.xml: empty string for with-lang value at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XMLTV.pm line 1706.

I thought I'd actually look into it a bit more today and it is due to an
empty <desc> field in the freeview listings. 282 instances in the log file
and 282 <desc></desc> lines in the xml file!!

I'm using the BZR version of epgsnoop and this is written from
outputters.py line 121 and it looks OK but somehow an empty field is
getting out! Can anyone who knows python better than me give me a clue for
a fix?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks