[mythtvnz] taskbar visible whilst Mythfrontend running

Ross and Jemima Knudsen ross.jemima at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:03:22 BST 2009

Hi JYA,

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/5/13 Dr. David J. Knowles <dknowles at clearfield.com>:
>
>> The most likely change I can think of is that the new version of the
>> operating system has new graphics drivers with new overscan settings.
>> Did you use the resize settings in MythTV? If so then you should be able
>> to reset them and fix the problem.
>>

> It's not that at all.
>
> It's Compiz ; either disable Compiz (the GPU accelerated desktop
> effect) or check the legacy mode.

Yip you are right.  After a little googling to find out what you were
talking about I solved the issue.  I had also added a Graphics card to
my system around the time this issue came up and hence installed the
nvidia driver.  To fix I installed 'compizconfig-settings-manager' which
isn't installed by default on my system.  Go to System > Preferences >
Compiz Settings Manager then under Workarounds I enabled 'Legacy
Fullscreen Support' which seems to have taken the taskbar issue away.

JYA is there any other useful settings I should check?

Rossco