[mythtvnz] partitions

Tim Gibson tdegibson at gmail.com
Thu May 14 06:50:16 BST 2009

mmm hijacking the thread...

I've had a go at storage groups and they do seem a great way of say putting
movies here and other thing's there even over my network it works well.
Create a nfs mount in say /mnt/TheStore/Movies for movies...

Back to Karl's first question - I'd make sure all recording's go to the
raid5 array and you can still set samba up to share from there,

Tim

2009/5/14 criggie <criggie at criggie.dyndns.org>

> Tim Gibson wrote:
> > I've got all my backed up movies on a nas box with an ever expanding LV
> > using ext4 as the file system, my only concern is single drive failure =
> > all data gone.
>
> Storage groups looks like the answer, for normal recordings.  Lose a
> drive and gone are the recordings on that drive only.
>
> For exported recordings.... put them on DVD and a raid5, or a raid1 if
> you care about them enough.   Tradeoff between disk usage and cost and
> protection.
>
> --
> Criggie
>
> http://criggie.dyndns.org/