[mythtvnz] Nova-T 500 Remote not working

Geoff mythtv at jagds.com
Mon May 11 10:50:50 BST 2009

For the Nova T-500

Create a rule in udev

su gedit  /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules

KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{name}=="IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver", SYMLINK+="input/irremote"

Reboot  I coulnd't get "sudo /etc/init.d/udev restart"
Try replacing the event* with KERNEL=="input*" if event doesn't work.

Reboot and CHECK the var/log/syslog and make sure that lirc can get access to the /dev/input/eventxx

If this is in your syslog then shutdown.
[6589]: can't get exclusive access to events coming from `/dev/input/eventxx' interface

Power up and test the remote works via irw
 irw
000000000001006c 00 ArrowDown NOVA-T500

If you're on ubuntu/mythbuntu running 8.10 then you'll need to edit the lirc.fi,  9.04 has the lirc.fdi masks already there.

Check the “Info.product” matches your “ncase “ settings in /usr/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thirdparty/lirc.fdi

Edit your lirc.fdi file to match

/usr/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thirdparty/lirc.fdi
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
     <match key="info.product" contains_ncase="IR-Receiver inside an USB DVB receiver">
        <merge key="info.ignore" type="bool">true</merge>
     </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>
Restart lirc