[mythtvnz] DVB-T HD picture quality VDPAU issue?

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Mon May 11 08:58:17 BST 2009

From: mythtvnz-bounces at lists.linuxnut.co.nz on behalf of Steve V

>Are you sure that it is Mythfrontend that is increasing from 10% to 60% on playback? or are you >reporting all CPU usage during playback? In which case you really need to look at just mythfrontend >when comparing one situation to another. I was reporting just the mythfrontend usage. With VDPAU >enabled I have very low CPU usage for mythfrontend - definitely not 40%.

You are right. I didn't check individual process CPU usage. Sure enough, Mythfrontend is running at around 2% with VDPAU turned on, and 10% with it turned off. The high CPU I'm seeing is to do with an nVidia bug I wasn't aware of, and just spikes every now and again.

Sorry to hijack your thread!

Aaron