[mythtvnz] screen saver acting up

Mark van Dijk mark.van.dijk at ihug.co.nz
Sun May 10 23:05:11 BST 2009

hi guys - hopefully a simple question for someone...   I have recently
done a clean install of Mythbuntu 9.04.  For my output, i use nVidia's
binary drivers through an S-Video cable to my TV.

If i don't do anything in MythTv for a few minutes, the TV screen
slowely fades to black (takes about 10 seconds).  Once the screen is
dark, then any press of the remote will instantly bring it back.  All
good so far - HOWEVER - if happen to press any remote key *while* the
screen is fading to black, then the TV screen will continue to fade and
will never come back again.  Oddly, the mouse pointer is still left on
the screen.

No keyboard/mouse/remote movement will activate the screen anymore.
Previously, with Mythbuntu 8.10, i could do CTRL-ALT-BKSP, which would
let me logout and back in again, however this no longer works on
Mythbuntu 9.04.  The only way i have found to fix things is to
CTRL-ALT-F1 to a root console and then manually restart the machine.

Does anybody know what is going on?

Cheers

--
Mark van Dijk