[mythtvnz] VDPAU package can be removed?

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Fri May 8 01:24:58 BST 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 11:02 am, Aaron Drysdale wrote:
> Because I get a small amount of tearing and judder while watching TV in
> myth. I originally thought it might have started when I turned on
> deinterlacing, but someone here said that this is most often associated
> with a mismatch between the source video fps and monitor refresh rate (at
> least that is what I took out of it.)
>

> Since we use 25 fps with PAL TV, then my understanding is that I would get
> a smoother video if I could run the TV at 50Hz. Do you not have that
> problem? As a test this morning, I turned off deinterlacing, but I still
> had the slight tearing so I assumed it must be a refresh rate problem.
>

> Currently I am just letting the OS select the preferred timing as well,
> and it is running at 1360x768 @ 60.01 Hz.
>

> I notice the EDID info you posted doesn’t show any other timings? I
> thought this TV would at least support 50Hz. Why is that not shown?

Hi Aaron

Can you try the following and post the results as an attachment

1. Shutdown X / GDM on your box

2. From the command line as root run

 startx -- -logverbose 6

The double "-" is important.

3. Exit X and copy /var/log/Xorg.0.log or whatever log file your distro
creates.

We should then see all of the video modes your TV is reporting.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz
website - http://www.openmedia.co.nz