[mythtvnz] VDPAU package can be removed?

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Thu May 7 05:05:34 BST 2009

I'm not using VDPAU yet - I was just wanting to check that I could
easily roll back if required. Would this "composite" issue still affect
standard 0.21 out of the Ubuntu repository?

> Secondly check that your screen is running at 50Hz and not 60Hz.
Actually, there is something really weird going on with that. I'm using
a Sony 40V300A 40" LCD which supports 50Hz and 60Hz. When running Ubuntu
8.10 nvidia proprietary driver, I only get options to run at 50Hz, 51Hz
and 52Hz refresh rates, but the nVidia X Server util reports that it is
running at 60Hz. When I boot into Windows XP, it only gives me 60Hz
refresh rate and no other option to choose from (while I was expecting
both 50/60Hz to be available). Some kind of driver bug? Problem with the
EDID of the TV? Never did track this down, but the video quality looks
good apart from this single annoying little tear when I've got
deinterlacing turned on.

Aaron