[mythtvnz] VDPAU package can be removed?

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Wed May 6 23:17:17 BST 2009

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Linux. I would like to try out Jean-Yves VDPAU
backport to 0.21 from his repository, but am wondering how easy it is to
remove and revert to the stock standard 0.21-fixes if it doesn't work
out for me? Would an apt-get remove just revert to the previous version?

The main reason for trying this is to see how well the hardware
deinterlacing works. I'm having problems with a persistent single tear
on the screen when there is panning or high motion. The tear looks like
some kind of timing or synch problem, but it doesn't move and only
started to appear from memory when I turned on deinterlacing.

Regards

Aaron