[mythtvnz] Problem with mythtv frontend after 9.04 upgrade

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Tue May 5 06:31:06 BST 2009

2009/5/5 Vance McIndoe <vance at juniper.net>:
> From what I can read it isn't just restricted to ATI cards.
>
> I haven't tried the ppa suggestion (not that I now how to :-), but from
> what I can see the problem was originally found during beta, and the
> suggested changes (fixes) were all rolled into the official 9.04
> release.  There's some others saying that the problem reappeared at that
> point too.
>
> Are you running 9.04?

I'm running 9.04 on both of my boxes. My combined BE/FE box runs an
Nvidia 8x00 card, and does not have the problem. My laptop (a
sometimes frontend box) has an ATI chip (can't remember the model off
the top of my head) and does have the problem. Originally the bug
applied to a lot of video cards, but since April 15 became a Raedon
specific issue. All the comment since then seem to relate to ATI
cards.

Some change went into U9.04 before production, but the problem
specific to the Radeon drivers didn't make it in time (see comment on
April 20th).

  -- simon