[mythtvnz] How do I get smooth playback on DVB-S

Aaron Drysdale Aaron.Drysdale at provencocadmus.com
Mon May 4 00:49:55 BST 2009

>What de-interlacer do you have enabled? I've found that Bob 2x provides
>the best picture on DVB-S and removes a lot of the ticker tape issues.
>
>Also what graphics chip and driver are you using as you might be able
>adjust overscan at the driver level.

I'm not sure what de-interlacer is being used, it is just standard
"Normal" playback profile. I will have a go at changing this and see
what happens.

My graphics card is an Asus EN8500GT, so nVidia. I checked their website
this morning, and they recently released 180.51, while I think I have
180.50. So I will grab that tonight, but from the release notes it
doesn't sound like anything that will give me noticeable changes.

Thanks
Aaron