[mythtvnz] cmi8738

Simon Green simon at simongreen.name
Mon May 4 00:08:16 BST 2009

2009/5/4 Garrett Stoupe <garrett.stoupe at gmail.com>:
> Has anyone managed to get the spdif optical output running in ubuntu
> 8.04 or higer? what rc.local commands did you use? what was your setup
> using amixer?

I had it running in my old system last year. These two pages helped me
set it up:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Digital_Sound
http://mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Digital_Sound_with_AC3_and_SPDIF

Unfortunately it seems my new box (see yesterdays post) does not yet
support the onboard S/PDIF connection. There is a bug in the alsa
project which I am following relating to this. All my PCI ports are
used, so I don't have room for an extra card.

  -- simon